OMG! How is it almost Halloween!?!?!?! I am nowhere near my reading goals this year. Stress has really made me behind this year. I am going to share some tips on getting to your reading goal this year!
- Plan ahead
- Read graphic novels (I personally love graphics)
- Read poetry books (It takes me longer to read poetry books than novels)
- Read shorter novels
- Read a great series of books
- Have the plan to read all your ARCs
- Read a book that has been turned into a movie
- Read an old favorite!
- Read different genres: mix it up a bit
- Revisit a school favorite. Adults can read YA too
- Read a fast-paced thriller
- Read an audiobook and bump up the speed. I like to read at a 1.75 when I read an audiobook. You can also multi-task doing this. And yes…. audiobooks count for your goal (everyone has their preferences, but I still count them- I normally have the physical book with the audiobook).
- In December (Crunch time), pick up a light and fun Christmas romance book.
- Read books that you DNF’ed. (I have a ton of them).
- Try a new author
- Read your TBR shelf (I am a sucker for a new book coming out- my TBR shelf is getting bigger and bigger)
- Swap a book with a friend
- Try a bookish game (Bingo)
- Read down a celebrity book club selections
- Motivation tools: Gain points for page numbers of certain goals. At the end of your points, you buy yourself a bookish gift!
- Join a book club or do a buddy read
The key to getting to your goal is reading! You can make reading a habit by simply reading at the same time each day. Reading before bed has many health benefits. Start there!