I have had this in draft for 6 months. I decided to post it. No book will ever be the same as this show! I adored the witty banter, mother/daughter relationship, the quirky small town antics….. Here are some novels that are similar to the show in one way or another.
- My life next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- I was Told there’d Be Cake by Sloane Crosley
- If You Lived Here, I’d know Your Name by Heather Lende
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened (a Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson
- Where’d You Go Bernadette? By Maria Semple
- Losing It by Emma Rathbone
- The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder
- Rich and pretty by Rumaan Alam
- Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
- The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney
- Talking as Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham
- Anywhere But Here by Mona Simpson
- The Bad Mother’s Handbook by Katie Long
- The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
- The All American Filling Station’s Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg
- Virgin River series by Robyn Carr
- Fan Girl by Rainbow Rowell
- Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- The Art of Crash landing by Melissa DeCarlo
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
- 40 Things I want to Tell You by Alice Kuipers
- The Inn at rose Harbor by Debbie Macomber
- I’ve Got Sand in All the Wrong Places by Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella
- Empire Falls by Richard Russo
- The Center of Everything by Laura Moriarty
- The Switch by Beth O’Leary
- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
- Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham
- A Bad day for Sunshine by Darynda Jones
If you would like a checklist of Rory Gilmore- Gilmore Reading Challenge, check out my other blog post that has the complete list of books by clicking here.
I am also going to put this link on that post as well.
Happy reading, Book Nerds!