You can go to Bookish.com for interesting articles about books! I love to read all about the books that they recommend. They also have Bingo cards every month!You can tag them on social media as you play BINGO too! Pretty cool!
My favorite part is bookishfirst.com. you can go directly there or you can go to bookish.com and click on the link for Bookish First. Basically, you can sign up for raffles to win ARCs (advanced readers’ copy- see a previous blog post all about ARCs) of books. You can also earn points to redeem for ARCs as well. How cool is this? I win many raffles from this website! Here is the How to Guide to BookishFirst.com
1. Go to bookishfirst.com
2. So to “sign up” in the top right hand corner * if you already have an account, you can just click “sign in” at the top right hand corner*
3. If you need to go ahead and create an account- you will set up a username and password. The referral code is used if you have a friend who also has an account. That person can get points for referring you. You will see how this will come in useful for a referral later
- MY REFERRAL CODE IS 34895e997a41b3b9e. You can use it when setting up an account. I would appreciate additional points!
4. On your home page after completing all the information, you will see the current raffles. I would encourage you to click on my profile to update your account before entering a raffle. You can add a picture, your address, etc. You can also click onto “How this works” for a tutorial. This is at the top of the page! It is a brief overview on how everything works!
To enter a raffle
- Go to the homepage or click on the logo to return to the current raffles. The current raffles are the only ones that you can enter to win. New books come on Monday and can be entered until Sunday right before a new set of books show up on Monday!
2. Click on the book to read a description of the novel.
3. Then you will need to scroll the page to “Get a sneak peek.” It is towards the bottom of the description of the book. You will click on “read here first.” It will then download just an excerpt of the novel (sometimes the 1st one or two chapters).
4. After you read the excerpt, you will then need to go back to that other page where the description on the book was. Here you will click on “Write your first impression.”
5. Then type your review on the excerpt that you have read. It tells you how many characters that it has to be at least in order to enter the raffle. There is a place at the bottom of the review that asks you if you want to enter the raffle for it. If you do not check this box, you will not be entered. You will then submit the review. It will go through another page asking to share you review.
***You can gain points for referrals, reviews from entering a raffle, reviews, etc.
***You will also be able to earn points for sharing your review from Bookish to Goodreads, Amazon, blogs, etc.
You can also write reviews of books that they have had in their raffles previously. To do this, you can click on the top of the page where it says “Books.” You can add more points to your total this way. You can then go through the list of the previous raffles and create a review and do exactly the same as the current raffles. This is not entering you into a raffle but merely to gain points for your account.
If you do win a novel, make sure you post a review on the site for the book. If you share that review, you will get more points.
Once you have that set up and you earned 2,000 points, you can redeem those points for any book! Then you do not need to enter the raffle. I have accidentally won a book and redeemed points. I got two of the same books by Bookish.
- Sign in
- go to the book that you want to redeem your points
- click on redeem………. NEED TO LOOK UP
- I made a mistake and entered the contest and then redeemed my points. I ended up winning the raffle so I got two books. I would recommend not entering the contest.
When you get a book, make sure that you share it on social media and tag and # anything that you need you to. Also, make sure you write a review on Bookish and share it to your other accounts!
There is a neat forum to chat about books and related topics too! And also read other people’s reviews of the novels! How cool is that! I also recommend signing up for thier newsletter! You can get a sneak peek every week on their upcoming books. They come out with new books EVERY Monday! But you may be able to get a peek a day or two before!
I have won a lot of raffles and redeemed a book on there. I am by no means an expert! I hope this helps! 🙂 Happy reading, book nerds!